Community outreach is a vital part of the project. We encourage you to follow and provide input on improvements to the bridge as an important transportation link for the local communities and the region.
The study team is committed to keeping the public informed throughout LCD study. Our aim is to keep all interested parties informed about the project and respond to questions and concerns. As the project moves through the Purpose and Need, Alternatives Analysis and PPA phases, we will continue to provide the latest project information and meeting announcements.
Current Outreach efforts for the study include:
- Local officials briefings, community stakeholder meetings and public information centers
- Meeting announcement alerts and project information through social media and mailings
- Regular updates to the project website, including study progress reports and other outreach materials
- Coordination with elected officials, local governments, first-responders and the media
- Responses to inquiries from interested parties
Planned Outreach Activities
The study team is committed to developing transportation improvements that best balance transportation needs, the environment, community concerns and cost. The three-phase outreach framework below outlines the objectives and goals of outreach to various key stakeholders during the LCD Phase:
|KEY PHASES||OUTREACH OBJECTIVES||OUTREACH TASKS|
|PHASE 1 - Develop Purpose and Need Statement (Early 2018)||
|PHASE 2 - Alternative Analysis (Mid 2018)||
|PHASE 3 - Preliminary Preferred Alternative (PPA) - (Late 2018)||
Ways to Get Involved
- Check this website regularly for updated information
- Follow us on Twitter for real-time announcements and news
- Submit feedback through the public comment form or contact the project team directly
- Attend Public Information Center meetings
Questions, Comments or Suggestions
We encourage community members to voice their concerns and contribute suggestions to the study team. For questions or comments, please fill in the public comment form, take our Community Stakeholder Survey,
contact the study team directly.
Community involvement is a vital part of the project. We encourage you to follow and provide input on improvements to the bridge as an important transportation link for the local communities and the region.
The County of Morris in cooperation with NJTPA and NJDOT recognize that community participation is an integral part of all stages of projects. A Public Action Plan (PAP) was developed for the project as a framework to accomplish open, proactive and productive community and stakeholder discussions. Local officials, community stakeholders, agency representatives, and the general public will have an opportunity to provide comments and questions for consideration throughout the project development process. Our community outreach strategies include the following:
- Host outreach meetings including local officials briefings, community stakeholder meetings, and public information centers
- Communicate meeting announcement alerts and project information through social media and mailings
- Provide regular updates to the project website, including study progress reports and other outreach materials
- Work with elected officials, local governments, first-responders, and the media
- Address inquiries from interested parties